The Orchards was purchased in 1934 as a home for the Miller family.
Lodene Greys was purchased in 1944 as further accommodation for visitors to the Club. There is a story of Lodene being haunted by a headless young lady walking along a balcony with her head tucked under her arm. There is doubt about this ghost and the story was possibly invented to “scare impressionable young lady visitors into protective young gentlemen’s arms”
Originally these gardens were divided between the two properties but have been re-landscaped as one area.