The Acquisition of Odney
The first land at Odney was acquired in 1926. Spedan was keen to replace the sports club he had been forced to sell at Grove Farm, Harrow to keep Peter Jones afloat and by 1927 Lullebrook Manor and other properties on the estate had been purchased to give Partners a place to enjoy a variety of sports and social activities. They could stay for the weekend, for a holiday or even live there in rented rooms.
Later in 1927 plans to create a Partnership “village” on the site were drawn up but it was never built.